Most concentrate pens are very similar in function to one another and will generally operate the same way. Most pens also contain 3 main parts:
- Charge the device according to the device manual. Most pens will use either a Micro-USB, USB-C, or 510-threaded USB Charger,
- After charging, turn on the device by pressing the power button 3-5 times rapidly. Most pens use a 5-press safety feature to prevent the device from turning on in your pocket. Some pens though may use 3. Turn off the device the same way you turned it on.
- Some pens have one temperature while some pens have multiple temperatures (variable voltage). To change the temperature, press the power button 3-4 times to select your temperature according to the device manual.
- To activate the heating element, hold the power button for a few seconds and inhale slowly from the mouthpiece. All pens have a safety cutoff feature that will deactivate the heating element after 10-15 seconds of activation.
Loading the Chamber
- Unscrew the mouthpiece to reveal the atomizer chamber.
- Use your dab tool to place a small amount of concentrate into the chamber, about the size of a grain of rice. Make sure not to overload the chamber otherwise it can bubble over into the battery or cause stuck pieces. Replace the atomizer after loading the chamber.