Charge your Crafty Vaporizer
- We recommend plugging it in and charging it up to full before using for the first time.
- Use the included micro-usb cable and plug it into the charging port on the Crafty+.
- From an empty battery, it takes roughly two hours to reach full charge. When you plug the charger in, the device will flash Green then Red, then Blue.
- The battery status is indicated by the flashing light:
Fast Blinking - Low or Dead Slow Blinking - About 50% No blinking = Fully charged
Packing the Chamber
When packing you can choose to grind or hand-tear your herb. We recommend hand-tearing for the best flavor. When using a grinder (Thickest Vapor):
- Use a grinder to grind your herb.
- Remove the cooling unit and place ground herb in the chamber. The mighty works best when the herb chamber is full and slightly packed down.
- Replace the Cooling Unit.
When Hand-tearing (Best Flavor):
- Find or break off a piece of bud about the size of the chamber. Tear the bud into 4 small, even pieces. This allows hot air to move through and around the buds.
- Remove the cooling unit and arrange the pieces in a square/circle.
- Push them into the chamber. Make sure to put slightly hard so the bud is secure and tightly packed in but air can still flow around the bud pieces.
- Replace the cooling unit
Turning on the Crafty+
- To turn on the unit, press the power button once. It will automatically begin heating indicated by a red light.
- To turn off the unit, press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds. The device will vibrate and turn off.
- When the power light reaches green, the device is at temperature. The Crafty+ is preset at 356 f out of the box and that temperature can be changed via the Bluetooth App.
- To activate Boost Mode, press the power button 2 times rapidly. The device will vibrate and the oven will increase the temperature to 383 F.
- To finish off a session, Super Boost can be activated by pressing the power button 3 times rapidly. This will increase the temperature of the oven to 410 f.
Cleaning the Crafty
There are regular maintenance practices that will keep your Crafty running cleaner for longer:
- Clean the cooling unit regularly. A dirty cooling unit makes the device harder to use. Follow this link to learn from Storz & Bickel to learn how to clean your cooling unit (The process for the cleaning the Crafty+ and Mighty cooling units are the same): Cleaning Your Cooling Unit
- Use the included brush to brush out the chamber and screens completely after every use
- Use the hand-tearing method. Even though grinding is recommended we find from experience that hand tearing your bud preserves your terpenes and makes the session last longer.
- Use a q-tip to wipe residue out of the cooling unit between sessions. If you don’t like cleaning your pieces often, simply wiping the residue from inside the cooling unit after a session will reduce overall buildup and cleaning sessions.
- Place a little bit of concentrate on top of your bud instead of using the concentrate pad. A properly packed chamber will act as the concentrate pad so you can enjoy both worlds at once.
- Make sure to not leave the silicone bands in alcohol for more than a few seconds. Though the video says an hour, the bands will break down if left for longer than a minute.